Belgian BSc. and MSc. students interested in the latest developments in quantum mechanics and their applications to quantum technology can apply now for international student event.
What is Quantum Future Academy?
Quantum Future Academy is the first Pan-European quantum education dedicated meeting. Students from 30 countries will be attending the one-week-academy which will take place in Berlin, November 1-7, 2020.
Quantum Future Academy 2020 is a full week program containing:
- Excursions to leading companies and institutes
- Lectures by experts in the field of quantum technologies
- An exclusive insight into the current state of research and development
- Talks and networking with entrepreneurs, start-ups and founders
- Interactive workshops
- Discussions and networking with political representatives
- Social program with evening events
In November 2020, the first European Quantum Future Academy will take place in Berlin under the motto "Today's insights for tomorrow's experts". As part of its EU Council Presidency, Germany, with the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) as host, will invite around 60 selected students from the natural and engineering sciences from around 30 European countries to an exciting and exclusive week in Berlin.
From November 1st to 7th, participants can expect exclusive insights into the most diverse areas of applied quantum technologies. These include visits of companies and laboratories, meetings with researchers and industry partners, interesting hands-on workshops and extensive networking opportunities. Of course, cultural activities in the cosmopolitan city of Berlin are not neglected.
The Quantum Future Academy is an initiative of the BMBF and is organized in 2020 in cooperation with the European Quantum Flagship and supported by numerous institutions in the participating countries. The application process for the Academy is organised independently by the European partners in their country. This event is motivated by the intention to support the formation of a sustainable network of young European researchers in the future field of quantum technologies.
For more information about the Quantum Future Academy visit www.quantentechnologien.de/QA2020
Stay tuned on Twitter at @QuantenTech and #QFA2020
Belgian Selection Process
In Belgium the selection process of the two participants is steered by the Quantum Community Network (QCN), which is comprised of all research groups who cover the current research done in quantum information science and quantum technologies in Belgium.
In Belgium the selection process is organized as follows:
- The Principal Investigators (PI’s) at Belgian Universities or research institutes are asked to inform possible candidates from their research institutes as the most outstanding Bachelor or Master students, who would benefit from the Quantum Future Academy the most.
- The interested students are required to send the following documents: Letter of motivation, PIs’ recommendation, CV and transcript of records (last two semesters) to QFA2020@beqtn.eu
The board of the QFA will review the applications and select two students for the main Quantum Academy Event in Berlin.
- 31 July – Deadline for submitting the application
- August: Evaluation
- End of August: the selection of the two winners
For further information and more questions, please contact QFA2020@beqtn.eu